Arcturus Therapeutics, Inc. is presently recruiting outstanding candidates with experience in the field of RNAi technologies and nanoparticle sciences. Only exceptional applicants need apply. Compensation and equity position is commensurate. Please email your resume to Careers@ArcturusRx.com.
Research Associate I or II, RNA Molecular Biology
Arcturus Therapeutics is seeking highly motivated and innovated, and well organized individuals to join our RNA therapeutics Group in the Biology Department. The successful candidate must have hands-on experiences in a wide variety of molecular biology and Biochemistry techniques. He or she will be responsible for working closely with other members of the team.
- Work with supervisor to define aim and a plan to achieve that aim, will then execute work following the plan (independently, if familiar with area of work, with guidance if unfamiliar).
- Perform Molecular Biological works including PCR, cloning, and sequence analysis.
- Synthesize mRNA using in vitro transcription (IVT) system
- Conducts diverse biochemical assays including reporter assays and qPCR.
- Transfection into mammalian cells.
- Grows and maintains mammalian and bacterial cell cultures.
- Provides data analysis and interpretation.
- Clear communication of results in group settings.
- Thorough documentation of the work.
- Ordering/Maintaining reagents and lab supply.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BS or MS in molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related field.
- 2-5 years relevant laboratory experience in an academic or industrial setting.
- Strong experience in molecular biology including standard cloning techniques, vector design, sequence analysis, DNA and RNA extraction, cDNA synthesis, ligation, restriction digestion, PCR.
- Experience in mammalian cell culture and transfection techniques
- Strong experience in basic Protein characterization skills (SDS-PAGE, Western blot, BCA, ELISA)
- Experience in with qPCR using TaqMan
- Familiar with RNA synthesis using in vitro transcription (IVT) system
- Handling animal tissue and blood samples
- Transfection of siRNA into mammalian cells
- Bioinformatics including genomics, transcriptomics, microarray analysis, and NGS is a plus.
Associate Scientist, Molecular and Cellular Biology
We are seeking an MS-level research associate with 5+ years of industry experience. You should have deep experience with molecular biology, and be comfortable working in a matrix environment. The successful candidate will be a highly skilled, motivated, and creative scientist with experience in advanced molecular biology methods such as next-generation sequencing and data analysis and expertise in qPCR.
- mRNA synthesis
- Molecular biology (molecular cloning, software)
- Protein detection using various methods (e.g. westerns, immunoblotting, Simple Western, LiCor)
- Cell culturing
- M.S. with 5+ years or a B.S. with 8+ years industry experience
- Effective in a matrix-environment, team-player
- Detail oriented (record keeping, document writing)
- Industry experience: 5 years
Process Development Engineer
This position will focus on process development, scale-up, tech transfer and manufacturing of lipid nanoparticle formulations of nucleic acids to support an emerging research pipeline focused on treating rare diseases.
- Develop and optimize manufacturing processes for lipid nanoparticle formulations with a focus on scale up, optimal yields and reduced manufacturing costs
- Apply engineering principles to ensure translation of critical process and operational parameters from lab to GMP scales
- Troubleshoot process challenges utilizing process simulation and experimental approaches
- Lead process scale up and technology transfer from research to GMP manufacturing at a CMO
- Perform process related investigations, identifying root causes of the manufacturing discrepancy, evaluating systems for trends and adverse findings, and implementing appropriate initiatives to achieve high quality drug product
- Prepare and review batch records, protocols, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other manufacturing related documentation
- Prepare technical reports and presentations which summarize results and data interpretation as needed
- Perform other activities per supervisor’s discretion
- Travel to local or international CMOs as needed
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering with a minimum of 5 years of pharmaceutical experience is required
- Strong background in pharmaceutical development as it relates to and process development/optimization and scale up
- Experience with nanoparticle production and purification processes including but not limited to tangential flow filtration (TFF – UF/DF)
- Experience with manufacturing and process development in early product pipeline, from GLP tox supply through GMP supply for clinical trials
- Experience with technology transfer and managing interactions with contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs)
- Working knowledge of quality systems, QbD, validation principles for product and manufacturing processes, engineering design, and statistical process control fundamentals
- Demonstrated track record of overcoming process development obstacles through implementation of creative solutions
- Hands on expertise working with liquid, frozen, and/or lyophilized dosage forms
Must be highly motivated, an independent thinker with strong problem solving skills, and pay great attention to details
- Comfortable working in a highly innovative environment and have a strong ability to cope with change
Responds well to scientific challenge and applies significant rigor to their own work
- Will scientifically challenge others in a constructive manner and demonstrate exceptional team working skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills