Arcturus Therapeutics, Inc. is presently recruiting outstanding candidates with experience in the field of RNAi technologies and nanoparticle sciences. Only exceptional applicants need apply. Compensation and equity position is commensurate. Please email your resume to Careers@ArcturusRx.com.
Research Associate I or II, RNA Molecular Biology
Arcturus Therapeutics is seeking highly motivated and innovated, and well organized individuals to join our RNA therapeutics Group in the Biology Department. The successful candidate must have hands-on experiences in a wide variety of molecular biology and Biochemistry techniques. He or she will be responsible for working closely with other members of the team.
- Work with supervisor to define aim and a plan to achieve that aim, will then execute work following the plan (independently, if familiar with area of work, with guidance if unfamiliar).
- Perform Molecular Biological works including PCR, cloning, and sequence analysis.
- Synthesize mRNA using in vitro transcription (IVT) system
- Conducts diverse biochemical assays including reporter assays and qPCR.
- Transfection into mammalian cells.
- Grows and maintains mammalian and bacterial cell cultures.
- Provides data analysis and interpretation.
- Clear communication of results in group settings.
- Thorough documentation of the work.
- Ordering/Maintaining reagents and lab supply.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BS or MS in molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related field.
- 2-5 years relevant laboratory experience in an academic or industrial setting.
- Strong experience in molecular biology including standard cloning techniques, vector design, sequence analysis, DNA and RNA extraction, cDNA synthesis, ligation, restriction digestion, PCR.
- Experience in mammalian cell culture and transfection techniques
- Strong experience in basic Protein characterization skills (SDS-PAGE, Western blot, BCA, ELISA)
- Experience in with qPCR using TaqMan
- Familiar with RNA synthesis using in vitro transcription (IVT) system
- Handling animal tissue and blood samples
- Transfection of siRNA into mammalian cells
- Bioinformatics including genomics, transcriptomics, microarray analysis, and NGS is a plus.
Associate Scientist, Molecular and Cellular Biology
We are seeking an MS-level research associate with 5+ years of industry experience. You should have deep experience with molecular biology, and be comfortable working in a matrix environment.
The successful candidate will be a highly skilled, motivated, and creative scientist with experience in advanced molecular biology methods such as next-generation sequencing and data analysis and expertise in qPCR.
- mRNA synthesis
- Molecular biology (molecular cloning, software)
- Protein detection using various methods (e.g. westerns, immunoblotting, Simple Western, LiCor)
- Cell culturing
- M.S. with 5+ years or a B.S. with 8+ years industry experience
- Effective in a matrix-environment, team-player
- Detail oriented (record keeping, document writing)
- Industry experience: 5 years
Part-Time Receptionist/Jr. Administrative Assistant
The Part-Time Receptionist/Jr. Administrative Assistant will assist in office management duties. The hours to start would be approximately 8:30am – 2/3pm Monday-Wednesday, Friday and 8:00am-5:00pm on Thursday’s. We believe this position will transition into a Full-Time position within 1 year with the possibility of promotion to Senior Administrative Assistant within 1-2 years.
- Opening the office each day
- Ordering and stocking both office and breakroom supplies
- Maintaining a clean and professional environment in the reception area and conference rooms throughout the day
- Maintains proper recordkeeping and filing system for all work, including invoices and legal agreements (CDAs, MTAs, Quality Agreement)
- Composes and types routine e-mail correspondence
- Performs basic administrative tasks, e.g. scaning, photocopying and filing
- Assists other department members as necessary, such as generation of formal Purchase Order Documents and scheduling shipments, including preparation of supportive shipping documents/labels
- Handles light phones
- Maintains contact lists
- Basic Qualifications:
- At least 2 years of administrative experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Knowledge of all basic office equipment required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Detailed Oriented – Pays attention to multiple details and multiple tasks while minimizing errors
- Bachelor’s degree (or a High School Diploma/GED and a minimum of 5 years of administrative assistant experience)
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Initiative – Demonstrate initiative by confidently self-starting improvements to office procedures, reports and processes and requires minimal supervision
- Organization – Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively
- Confidentiality – Must be able to maintain confidentiality for everything company-related
- Flexibility – Demonstrates experience working in, and a positive attitude toward a rapidly changing business environment
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.