Arcturus Therapeutics, Inc. is presently recruiting outstanding candidates with experience in the field of RNAi technologies and nanoparticle sciences. Only exceptional applicants need apply. Compensation and equity position is commensurate. Please email your resume to Careers@ArcturusRx.com.
Research Associate I or II, RNA Molecular Biology
Arcturus Therapeutics is seeking highly motivated and innovated, and well organized individuals to join our RNA therapeutics Group in the Biology Department. The successful candidate must have hands-on experiences in a wide variety of molecular biology and Biochemistry techniques. He or she will be responsible for working closely with other members of the team.
- Work with supervisor to define aim and a plan to achieve that aim, will then execute work following the plan (independently, if familiar with area of work, with guidance if unfamiliar).
- Perform Molecular Biological works including PCR, cloning, and sequence analysis.
- Synthesize mRNA using in vitro transcription (IVT) system
- Conducts diverse biochemical assays including reporter assays and qPCR.
- Transfection into mammalian cells.
- Grows and maintains mammalian and bacterial cell cultures.
- Provides data analysis and interpretation.
- Clear communication of results in group settings.
- Thorough documentation of the work.
- Ordering/Maintaining reagents and lab supply.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BS or MS in molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related field.
- 2-5 years relevant laboratory experience in an academic or industrial setting.
- Strong experience in molecular biology including standard cloning techniques, vector design, sequence analysis, DNA and RNA extraction, cDNA synthesis, ligation, restriction digestion, PCR.
- Experience in mammalian cell culture and transfection techniques
- Strong experience in basic Protein characterization skills (SDS-PAGE, Western blot, BCA, ELISA)
- Experience in with qPCR using TaqMan
- Familiar with RNA synthesis using in vitro transcription (IVT) system
- Handling animal tissue and blood samples
- Transfection of siRNA into mammalian cells
- Bioinformatics including genomics, transcriptomics, microarray analysis, and NGS is a plus.