Arcturus Therapeutics, Inc. is presently recruiting outstanding candidates with experience in the field of RNAi technologies and nanoparticle sciences. Only exceptional applicants need apply. Compensation and equity position is commensurate. Please email your resume to Careers@ArcturusRx.com.
Associate Director, High Throughput Screening
Arcturus is seeking an Associate Director to manage a screening group. This is a highly integrated role and the successful candidate will be responsible for developing, implementing, and executing screening strategies to support drug development programs in the disease areas. S/he will lead a high functioning screening team to generate quality data and enable good decision making. S/he will support project leads, key internal and external stakeholders, and Arcturus’ research leadership to resource and advance portfolio projects.
- Ph.D. with 5-10+ years relevant industry experience
- A broad understanding of the drug screening and cell-based assay development
- Demonstrated knowledge of high-throughput screening, RNAi technology, high content imaging, automation, and statistical evaluation of large data sets
- Highly proficient in tissue culture, q-PCR and reporter assays, and standard molecular biological and biochemical techniques
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving
- Ability to effectively represent Arcturus with external partners and present to staff at all levels
- Experience in providing scientific/technical due diligence support for business development activities
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
Senior Research Associate/Scientist I, Analytical Development
The Senior Research Associate/Scientist I, Analytical Development will be responsible for development of analytical methodologies and conducting routine analytical characterization of nucleic acid based drug substances, intermediates and formulated drug products to support an emerging research pipeline focused on treating rare diseases. The candidate will also act as a mentor/coach to developing analytical research associates and interns.
- Develop analytical methodologies to characterize nucleic acid based API and drug product formulations using various chromatographic and spectroscopic techniques such as HPLC, UV-Vis, Fluorescence and LC-MS as well as other specialty instrumentation including but not limited to particle sizers, KF, osmometer, etc.
- Perform routine analytical testing for formulation development, in-process and stability testing using the above techniques
- In collaboration with the formulation scientists, design and perform laboratory research experiments needed to support formulation development efforts
- Maintain proper documentation of all experimental procedures and results
- Write/revise analytical methods, prepare technical reports and presentations which summarize procedures, study results and provide data interpretation
- Present scientific results and observations to colleagues, management and clients at internal and client meetings
- Provide necessary training, guidance and oversight for analytical research associates and interns
- Perform other duties as needed
- BS or MS in Analytical Chemistry or in related discipline with 5+ years of relevant work experience. Experience with analytical characterization of nucleic acid based therapeutics is a plus.
- Solid knowledge and hands on experience in various chromatographic and spectroscopic techniques such as HPLC, LC-MS, UV-Vis, as well as other instrumentation and techniques such as KF, fluorescent plate readers, osmometers, viscometers etc.
- Familiarity with development, qualification, and validation of analytical procedures
- Ability to apply existing knowledge and experience to solve standard analytical problems without instruction and receive guidance on new assignments or more complex problems from a senior team member or supervisor
- Ability to think critically and creatively, have great attention to details and be able to work independently, determine appropriate resources for resolution of problems and have strong organizational and planning skills
- Comfortable working in a highly innovative environment and strong ability to cope with change.
- Responds well to scientific challenge and applies significant rigor to their own work.
- Will scientifically challenge others in a constructive manner and demonstrate exceptional team working skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills