Arcturus Therapeutics, Inc. is presently recruiting outstanding candidates with experience in the field of RNAi technologies and nanoparticle sciences. Only exceptional applicants need apply. Compensation and equity position is commensurate. Please email your resume to Careers@ArcturusRx.com.
Job Description, Associate Director, Translational Biology
Founded in 2013 and based in San Diego, California, Arcturus Therapeutics is an industry leader in the discovery and development of RNA therapeutics. Supported by a management team, partners, and investors with extensive experience in the discovery and development of RNA medicines, Arcturus is passionate about leveraging its best-in-class nucleic acid therapy delivery platform to bring life-transforming therapies to patients suffering from devastating diseases who have few or poor treatment options.
SUMMARY: Arcturus is seeking an Associate Director of Translational Biology who will be responsible for leading drug discovery programs in rare disease. This is a highly integrated role and the successful candidate will be responsible for developing, implementing, and executing translational research strategies to support drug development programs in the disease areas. S/he will lead high functioning consensus-driven internal project teams, to generate quality data enabling good decision making. S/he will manage collaborative partner relationships with project leads, key internal and external stakeholders, and Arcturus’ research leadership to resource and advance portfolio projects.
- Ph.D. with 8-10+ years relevant industry experience
- A broad understanding of the drug discovery and development process and the ability to provide expert guidance in designing and implementing project plans
- Demonstrated knowledge of global regulatory requirements and expectations for nonclinical packages to support first in human, clinical development, and product registration.
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving as applied to drug development and program management
- Adept at influencing and leading a multidisciplinary matrix organization to achieve goals
- Ability to effectively represent Arcturus with external partners and present to staff at all levels
- Experience in providing scientific/technical due diligence support for business development activities
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.