Founded in 2013 and based in San Diego, Arcturus Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:ARCT) is an RNA medicines company with enabling technologies – UNA Oligomer chemistry and LUNAR® lipid-mediated delivery. Arcturus’ diverse pipeline of RNA therapeutics includes programs pursuing rare diseases, Hepatitis B, non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH), cystic fibrosis, and vaccines. Arcturus’ versatile RNA therapeutics platforms can be applied toward multiple types of RNA medicines including small interfering RNA, messenger RNA, replicon RNA, antisense RNA, microRNA and gene editing therapeutics. Arcturus owns LUNAR® lipid-mediated delivery and Unlocked Nucleomonomer Agent (UNA) technology including UNA Oligomers, which are covered by its extensive patent portfolio (140 patents and patent applications, issued in the U.S., Europe, Japan, China and other countries). Arcturus’ proprietary UNA technology can be used to target individual genes in the human genome, as well as viral genes, and other species for therapeutic purposes. Arcturus’ commitment to the development of novel RNA therapeutics has led to partnerships with Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical, Inc., Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Synthetic Genomics Inc. and the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. For more information, visit www.Arcturusrx.com, the content of which is not incorporated herein by reference.
Arcturus Therapeutics, Inc. is presently recruiting outstanding candidates with experience in the field of RNA technologies and nanoparticle sciences. Our corporate culture is dynamic, diverse, and creative. We value collaboration and teamwork. We seek individuals to join us with a genuine passion for the science behind helping to cure disease and improve the lives of patients. Please email your resume to Careers@ArcturusRx.com.
Public Relations & Marketing Associate
We’re looking for a PR & Marketing Associate to join our growing team. This is an excellent entry-level opportunity! In this role, you will create PR/Marketing collateral, assist with website design, graphics, and plan publicity strategies and campaigns. You will be responsible for research, asset creation and organization to support corporate investor relations activities.
This is a full-time on-site and temporary position with potential to hire.
- Create PR & Marketing collateral including brochures, pamphlets, newsletters, and drafts.
- Plan publicity strategies and campaigns.
- Assist with sponsorship evaluations, asset tracking, and logistics.
- Analyze media coverage. Edit video clips/TV promotions.
- Research articles/media on mRNA/RNA and extract information from multiple data sources.
- Assist with corporate website maintenance/design, using appropriate specs/size creations for modifications.
- Assist with slide deck design and updates. Coordinate materials for presentations and media outreach.
- Manage daily administrative tasks for the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, science or other related fields.
- Exceptional presentation and written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage workload with minimal supervision.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office: Excel and Powerpoint needed.
Financial Analyst, R&D
Arcturus is looking for a Financial Analyst to join our growing team. In this highly-visible role, you will collaborate with team members across the organization to provide both operational and strategic financial recommendations to drive the business. You will be responsible for our budgeting and forecasting process/systems for both internal R&D programs and external partnerships. You will monitor performance indicators, highlight trends, analyze causes of unexpected variances and help drive our internal financial planning processes.
- Preparation and coordination of program costs and bill of materials, forecast updates and long-range financial planning and budgeting.
- Support and manage budget and planning system including models/forecasts to identify operational drivers and cash flow throughout various phases of programs.
- Develop, prepare and report key business performance metrics.
- Maintain and update documentation of systems processes and internal controls. Insure the proper implementation of controls in the areas of responsibility.
- Drive continuous improvement to streamline processes and improve flow of information to the leadership team.
- Develop and prepare reports including monthly financial reports and supporting schedules on a timely basis.
- Prepare monthly / quarterly financial deliverables as needed.
- Assist accounting operations team during month-end close with related spend/accruals.
- Communicate effectively to management and outside parties, such as auditors.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- BA/BS degree in accounting or finance and 5+ yrs. experience working in finance and accounting.
- GAAP experience needed.
- Experience working with the biotech/pharmaceutical industry highly preferred
- Strong Excel skills required. Experience with Sage Intacct accounting software is a plus.
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems independently and with sound judgment.
- Ability to multitask and adjust to changing priorities to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills. Prior experience reporting to senior management helpful.
- Solid organizational skills, including the ability to manage time and coordinate multiple priorities.
Head of Respiratory Pharmacology
Arcturus Therapeutics is seeking an innovative and highly motivated Respiratory Pharmacologist to join our team. The successful candidate will help build a new class of lung targeted products based on Arcturus’s proprietary Lipid Nano Particle (LNP) nucleic acid delivery platform. The successful candidate must have a track record of experience in identifying, validating and advancing aerosolized drugs into the clinic.
The successful candidate will thrive in a proactive, fast-paced ‘can-do’ culture and enjoy collaborating across the full range of development activities and project teams for the ground-breaking, mRNA-based new drug candidates targeting respiratory diseases. This is a Director/Vice President-level role and our candidate should have extensive experience in the development of aerosolized drug delivery systems with a proven track record of progressing programs from preclinical to clinical stages. Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to identify and troubleshoot issues and raise to key stakeholders in order to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations.
- Lead Arcturus’s inhaled drug discovery and development platform in the respiratory therapeutic area to progress products into the clinic.
- Collaborate across multiple internal teams to identify and interrogate respiratory target pathways using novel approaches to enrich our pipeline.
- Lead programs and projects addressing key scientific questions, execution of research plans, risk assessments and data-driven decisions.
- Provide strategic, scientific leadership in the design, execution, analysis and interpretation of a broad range of in vitro, in vivo and ex vivo experiments for drug discovery.
- Effectively identify, develop and manage collaborators (academic, industrial partners and CROs).
- Critically analyze and interpret data, effectively document and communicate results to diverse audiences, internally and externally.
- Build and develop future talent by providing mentorship and regular coaching to team members.
- PhD with 15+ years’ experience in the respiratory field with an emphasis on target ID, validation, and preclinical drug development for respiratory-based disease.
- Experience with in vivo aerosolized drug delivery optimization.
- Understanding of classical pharmacological principles and drug discovery process, in order to support assessment of potency, efficacy and contribute to predictions of human efficacy.
- Experience with animal models of respiratory disease.
- Design and interpret in vivo pharmacology studies to evaluate the activities of drug candidates, investigate their mechanisms of action, and explore novel therapeutic hypotheses.
- Experience with pharmacodynamics endpoints, such as biomarkers or in vivo imaging, is a plus.
- Investigate, select, and/or develop new methods and technologies for project advancement; monitor work-flows to enable execution of studies.
- Manage in vivo pharmacology research in a matrixed environment, as well as external academic collaborations and an extensive network of CROs.
- Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- Excellent presentation and oral and written communication skills is required.
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced and diverse environment is required.
Senior Scientist, Translational Biology
Arcturus is seeking a highly motivated and skilled cell biologist with a proven track record of scientific accomplishment and technical expertise preferably in lipid metabolism, liver biology and/or related physiology. Applicants should have extensive laboratory research experience and a desire to continue in a laboratory-focused role with a high level of experimental vigor and quality. The candidate is expected to contribute to current drug discovery programs as well as participate in the identification and validation of novel mechanisms and targets for the discovery of RNA therapeutics for rare diseases.
- Support/lead project teams by generating quality data, developing and coordinating cross-functional experimental plans and critically evaluating new information/data.
- Develop, optimize and run cell-based assays to validate targets and mechanisms and provide key data to project teams in a robust, reliable and timely fashion.
- Identify, develop & implement innovative approaches or technologies to target discovery efforts and project team strategies with a high degree of independence and precision.
- Prioritize and manage multiple research activities in a highly integrated role.
- Contribute to written and oral presentations related to work being conducted for both internal and external presentation and publication.
- Train other laboratory personnel in experimental details pertaining to current or previous work.
- PhD with 10+ years’ experience with an emphasis on target ID and validation, physiological pathways and mechanisms preferably in the discipline of lipid metabolism or liver biology.
- Previous experience in drug discovery, either in academic or industrial setting, is preferred but not required.
- Solid understanding of the strategic and practical considerations required to validate a target and to support/enable program nomination.
- Ability to provide expert guidance in designing and implementing project plans.
- Proven hands-on experience with the development, optimization, validation and execution of quantitative cell-based assays.
- Deep knowledge base in cell biology with a demonstrated track record of employing state-of-the art technologies in highly novel, creative and impactful ways.
- Highly self-motivated, proactive and able to work in a fast-paced environment interacting with diverse groups.
- Exceptional team player with strong written and oral communications skills.
- Computer skills with MS Office (Excel, Word, PPT) and statistical analysis software (e.g., Prism).
Notice to Search Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters)
The Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for Arcturus Therapeutics. To protect the interest of all parties involved, we will only accept resumes from a recruiter if an executed search agreement is in place at the start of the recruitment effort. Unsolicited resumes sent to Arcturus Therapeutics from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Arcturus Therapeutics and do not obligate Arcturus Therapeutics to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. Recruiters are requested not to contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.