Founded in 2013 and based in San Diego, Arcturus Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:ARCT) is an RNA medicines company with enabling technologies – UNA Oligomer chemistry and LUNAR® lipid-mediated delivery. Arcturus’ diverse pipeline of RNA therapeutics includes programs pursuing rare diseases, Hepatitis B, non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH), cystic fibrosis, and vaccines. Arcturus’ versatile RNA therapeutics platforms can be applied toward multiple types of RNA medicines including small interfering RNA, messenger RNA, replicon RNA, antisense RNA, microRNA and gene editing therapeutics. Arcturus owns LUNAR® lipid-mediated delivery and Unlocked Nucleomonomer Agent (UNA) technology including UNA Oligomers, which are covered by its extensive patent portfolio (140 patents and patent applications, issued in the U.S., Europe, Japan, China and other countries). Arcturus’ proprietary UNA technology can be used to target individual genes in the human genome, as well as viral genes, and other species for therapeutic purposes. Arcturus’ commitment to the development of novel RNA therapeutics has led to partnerships with Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical, Inc., Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Synthetic Genomics Inc. and the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. For more information, visit www.Arcturusrx.com, the content of which is not incorporated herein by reference.
Arcturus Therapeutics, Inc. is presently recruiting outstanding candidates with experience in the field of RNA technologies and nanoparticle sciences. Our corporate culture is dynamic, diverse, and creative. We value collaboration and teamwork. We seek individuals to join us with a genuine passion for the science behind helping to cure disease and improve the lives of patients. Please email your resume to Careers@ArcturusRx.com.
Research Associate I, Drug Discovery
We are seeking a highly motivated, organized Research Associate I to join our Drug Discovery team. The successful candidate will bring a background in cell biology and experience in standard biochemical, cell and molecular biology techniques. In this key role, you will work within a matrix, across a portfolio of programs, generating quality data.
- Design and execute in vitro experiments;
- Perform assay troubleshooting and methods development;
- Generate proof-of-concept data for new early stage programs;
- Keep accurate inventory of supplies for laboratory operations, including cell line banking;
- Contribute to publications and present results at internal meetings.
- Bachelors degree and minimum 2 years of relevant lab experience;
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with in vitro biochemical and cell-based assays (e.g. cell culture, transfections, Western blots/WES, In-cell Westerns, qPCR, ELISA, etc.);
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize work and manage multiple projects concurrently;
- Ability to plan and execute experiments accurately, on time, and with minimal supervision;
- Excellent organization, time-management, record-keeping, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to perform standard lab calculations;
- Proficiency in Microsoft® Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Scientist I, Formulation/Process Development
We are currently hiring a Scientist I to join our Formulation/Process Development team. In this role, you will focus on the design, development, scale-up, manufacturing, and characterization of nucleic acid formulations to support an emerging research pipeline focused on treating rare diseases.
- Design and develop nucleic-based formulations including complex nanoparticle formulations.
- Process development, scale-up and technology transfer of multiple formulations, including supporting activities at CMO(s).
- Perform formulation stability studies including but not limited to pilot stability studies with proposed drug product configuration, contact material compatibility and stability study, in-use compatibility study, accelerated stability studies, etc..
- Prepare and characterize dose formulations for various in vitro and in vivo
- Perform process-related investigations, identify root causes of process/manufacturing discrepancies, evaluate systems for trends and adverse findings, and implement appropriate steps to ensure process robustness.
- Maintain proper documentation of all experimental procedures and results, including batch records, protocols, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other manufacturing related documentation.
- Prepare technical reports and presentations which summarize procedures, study results, and data interpretation as needed.
- Deliver high quality results in an accurate and a time sensitive manner.
- Perform other activities per supervisor’s direction.
- PhD (with 0-3 years of industrial experience) in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering or other related field of science.
- Experience with nucleic acid based formulations, complex/nanoparticle formulations, nucleic acid based formulation and working knowledge of tangential flow filtration (TFF – UF/DF).
- Hands on expertise working with liquid, frozen, and/or lyophilized dosage forms.
- Preferred qualifications include familiarity with stages of drug product development and cGMP concept, knowledge of analytical methods for testing lipid nanoparticles and understanding of the in vitro and in vivo experiments used for screening of nanoparticle formulation.
- Must be highly motivated, well organized, an independent thinker with strong problem-solving skills, and pay great attention to details.
- Comfortable working in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment and have a strong ability to cope with change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, great team player.
Research Associate, RNA Molecular Biology
Arcturus Therapeutics is seeking highly-motivated, innovative, and well-organized Research Associate to join our Frontier Science team. The successful candidate will be expected to conduct hands-on experiments with a wide variety of molecular biology and biochemistry techniques.
- Coordinate with team to define experiments, plan to achieve objectives and execute work following.
- Synthesize mRNA using in vitro transcription (IVT) system.
Perform molecular biology techniques including PCR, cloning, and sequence analysis.
- Conduct diverse biochemical assays including reporter assays and qPCR.
- Grow and maintain mammalian and bacterial cell cultures. Transfection into mammalian cells.
- Provide data analysis and interpretation.
- Clear communication and presentation of scientific results in group-settings.
- Order/Maintain reagents and lab supply.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor/Masters degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related field.
- 3-5 years relevant laboratory experience in academic or industrial setting.
- Experience with standard cloning techniques, vector design, sequence analysis, DNA and RNA extraction, cDNA synthesis, ligation, restriction digestion, PCR.
- Experience in mammalian cell culture and transfection techniques.
- Experience in basic Protein characterization skills (SDS-PAGE, Western blot, BCA, ELISA).
- Experience in with qPCR using TaqMan.
- Familiar with RNA synthesis using in vitro transcription (IVT) system.
- Handling animal tissue and blood samples.
- Transfection of siRNA into mammalian cells.
- Bioinformatics including genomics, transcriptomics, microarray analysis, and NGS is a plus.
Arcturus Therapeutics, Inc. (“Arcturus”) is looking for a Patent Agent with a strong technical background in the Life Sciences to join the Arcturus Intellectual Property team. In this role, you will work closely with Arcturus’ IP Counsel to support the implementation of our IP strategy and assist in worldwide protection and support of Arcturus’ IP and innovation. Our successful candidate will have experience capturing inventions, drafting and prosecuting patent applications, and communicating with technical staff, business clients and partners. You will need to thrive in a complex, fast-paced, and dynamic business environment, and also enjoy collaboration and teamwork with fellow patent professionals and business partners. Relevant law firm or in-house experience is strongly preferred.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Arcturus’ various technologies, business strategies, and competitive landscape.
- Draft new patent applications and responses to official actions.
- Collaborate with scientific and clinical staff to understand new developments and designing and implementing patent portfolio strategies.
- Review technical processes and assist counsel in patent landscape analyses as needed.
- Collaborate with internal intellectual property counsel, external patent counsel, and the Arcturus R&D organization to ensure that the patent strategy is consistent with portfolio goals and priorities.
- Review technical manuscripts, posters, and other materials intended for publication.
- Assist intellectual property counsel with IP due diligence as needed to support business development transactions.
- At least 2 years of experience doing hands-on patent prosecution directly related to the life sciences industry.
- PhD (or MS with equivalent lab experience) in Biology, Molecular/Cellular Biology, or an equivalent life science or Chemistry
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, communication (written and verbal), and decision- making skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Arcturus Intellectual Property Counsel, members of the Arcturus leadership team, R&D organization, and successfully manage outside counsel.
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks, and to respond effectively to rapidly changing priorities and deadlines.
- Registered as a Patent Agent before the USPTO.
The Purchasing Manager will manage all procurement for a growing biotech company. This position will ensure that materials and supply procurement provides quality, pricing, compliance, and velocity needed to ensure our success. This person will develop and oversee appropriate stock levels, and develop usage and replenishment plans based on the data. The best candidate will have experience working with multiple vendors, including contracts and documentation needed for proper cost-control measures.
- Oversee all procurement activities for materials, office/business supplies, scientific equipment and services.
- Review and approve purchases as authorized. Monitor and process PO’s, obtain quotes, examine bids and make selection.
- Develop policies and procedures for the operation of procurement activities. Recommend any modifications to improve as needed.
- Maintain purchasing systems and controls ensuring compliance with corporate policies, internal controls, and statute requirements
- Support finance and facilities functions including but not limited to receiving and shipping transactional activities, invoice resolution, return processing, goods receiving, monthly procurement close process, quarterly open PO maintenance, vendor master file maintenance, etc.
- Evaluate vendor reliability, develop new sources, as required, in which current vendors and suppliers are inadequate
- Participate in departmental meetings and projects
- Establish and/or maintain reports and metrics
- Maintain efficiency while staying customer- focused
- Coordinate functional efforts with other all internal and external customers, including employee/requester training.
- 8+ years of experience in sourcing, procurement, contract or supplier management in biotech or pharmaceutical field
- Proven experience with ERP systems
- Solid knowledge of procurement principles, methodologies and understanding of its interdependencies with finance, accounting, research and development, manufacturing
- Ability to build effective partnering, internally and externally
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.