Founded in 2013 and based in San Diego, California, Arcturus Therapeutics Holdings Inc. (Nasdaq: ARCT) is an RNA medicines company with enabling technologies – LUNAR® lipid-mediated delivery, Unlocked Nucleomonomer Analog (UNA) chemistry, STARR™ technology – and mRNA drug substance along with drug product manufacturing. Arcturus’ diverse pipeline of RNA therapeutics includes programs to potentially treat Ornithine Transcarbamylase (OTC) Deficiency, Cystic Fibrosis, Glycogen Storage Disease Type 3, Hepatitis B, and non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). Arcturus’ versatile RNA therapeutics platforms can be applied toward multiple types of nucleic acid medicines including messenger RNA, small interfering RNA, replicon RNA, antisense RNA, microRNA, DNA, and gene editing therapeutics. Arcturus’ technologies are covered by its extensive patent portfolio (182 patents and patent applications, issued in the U.S., Europe, Japan, China and other countries). Arcturus’ commitment to the development of novel RNA therapeutics has led to collaborations with Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical, Inc., Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, CureVac AG, Synthetic Genomics Inc. and the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. For more information visit www.Arcturusrx.com
Arcturus Therapeutics is presently recruiting outstanding candidates with experience in the field of mRNA technologies and nanoparticle sciences. Our corporate culture is dynamic, diverse, and creative. We value collaboration and teamwork. We seek individuals to join us with a genuine passion for the science behind helping to cure disease and improve the lives of patients. Please email your resume to Careers@ArcturusRx.com
Research Associate / Senior Research Associate, Drug Discovery
We are looking for a Research Associate / Senior Research Associate to join our growing team. The Research Associate will conduct hands-on experiments in the Drug Discovery department with a wide variety of cellular biology, molecular biology, and biochemistry techniques. This person will be expected to complete scientific and technical tasks on aggressive timelines and to work as part of a team on varied projects with changing priorities. This position requires excellent communication skills, an outstanding ability to troubleshoot technical issues, a superior ability to plan and carry out experiments independently, and to work with complex instrumentation and software. Exact title and responsibilities will be commensurate with experience.
- Coordinate with team members to define experiments, plan to achieve objectives and execute work with limited supervision.
- Process in vivo samples for molecular biology assays (protein, RNA and DNA analysis).
- Grow, maintain and transfect mammalian cells.
- Perform initial analysis of experimental data and interpret immediate outcomes.
- Troubleshoot routinely technical problems and perform ordinary/extraordinary equipment maintenance.
- Contribute to the development of novel assays.
- Demonstrate clear communication and present scientific results in department meetings.
- Order and maintain reagents and lab supply.
- Ability to keep organized data and records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor/Master degree in cellular biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related field.
- 3-5 years of relevant laboratory experience in academic or industrial setting.
- Strong experience with micropipetting, aseptic/sterile technique and plating.
- Experience with BSL-2 procedures.
- Experience with animal tissue and blood samples for DNA, RNA and protein isolation.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and transfection techniques.
- Experience with protein characterization assays (BCA, SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, In Cell Western, and ELISA).
- Experience with nucleic acid characterization assays (PCR, TaqMan qPCR, and QuantiGene).
- Strong computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and data analysis software (Prism).
- Experience with high throughput screening is a plus.
- Experience with lipid nanoparticle delivery systems is a plus.
Public Relations & Marketing Specialist
Arcturus is looking for a PR & Marketing Specialist to join our growing team! The Public Relations & Marketing Specialist, under the direct supervisor of the Head of IR/PR/Marketing, is responsible for the execution of plans for company promotion in support of marketing and public relations objectives. This position prepares materials for internal and external presentations on products, scientific communications; participates in the implementation of marketing plans and serves as a liaison between key internal constituents to articulate the company’s position to ensure consistency of the brand and corporate image in all programs, events and promotional pieces; helps ensure consistency of marketing objectives and strategies, and strategies into communication tactics, including project management, planning, and scheduling; works closely with the Head of IR/PR/Marketing to plan, develop and produce promotional tools and communication vehicles to support brand marketing, corporate marketing, and PR efforts; supports communications projects in the areas of advertising and promotional programs, public relations and trade shows, including Internet-based communications. This position will be responsible for research, asset creation and organization to support corporate investor relations activities.
- Creating PR & Marketing collateral, including brochures, pamphlets, newsletters, and drafts.
- Planning publicity strategies and campaigns.
- Assisting with sponsorship evaluations, asset tracking, and logistics.
- Analyzing media coverage and editing video clips/TV promotions.
- Researching articles/media on mRNA/RNA and extracting information from multiple data sources.
- Corporate website maintenance/design, using appropriate specs/size creations for modifications.
- Slide deck design and updates.
- Coordinating materials for presentations and media.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Communications, Business, or related field.
- Advanced skills in Digital Marketing and SEO.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Advanced computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong knowledge of social media.
- Exceptional presentation, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Great time management and organization skills (must).
- Enthusiastic, open, personable, friendly, and a team player.
- Minimum 2 years of marketing experience and preferably with knowledge of the life sciences industry.
Scientist, Frontier Science
Arcturus is seeking a Scientist with a strong background in molecular biology and immunology to join our Frontier Science team. A successful candidate in this role will be responsible for leading and carrying out required lab activities in R&D for RNA targets.
- Leading and carrying out required lab activities in R&D for RNA targets
- Designing and cloning of plasmid constructs
- Developing and executing a wide variety of molecular biological, biochemical, immunological experiments.
- Prepare detailed standard operating procedures for technology transfer.
- Support project leads, key internal and external stakeholders, and Arcturus’ research leadership to advance development projects.
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, immunology, biochemistry, or a related field.
- 0-5 years of post-graduate experience in an academic or industrial setting.
- Excellent in traditional and modern molecular biology techniques on nucleic acids, such as plasmid isolation, molecular cloning, PCR, qPCR, and RT-qPCR.
- Excellent in basic protein characterization skills, such as SDS-PAGE, Western blot, and ELISA.
- Excellent in immunological characterization, such as flow cytometry and ELISpot.
- Excellent in mammalian cell culture and transfection techniques.
- Proficient in handling animal tissue and blood samples for molecular biological and immunological analysis.
- Experience with cell imaging by fluorescence microscopy, and imaging analysis.
- Experience with BSL-2 procedures
- Extensive experience using molecular biology software, such as SnapGene, VectorNTI, Lasergene
- Demonstrated ability in data analysis with statistical methods
- Bioinformatics, including genomics, transcriptomics, microarray analysis, and NGS, is a plus.
- Good understanding of coding (Python, R, Perl) is a plus
- Experience working with RNA is a plus
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving and organization
- Excellent communication skills
Program Manager (Clinical)
This role is a key position within Arcturus’ Global Program Management Office and will be responsible for the supporting the advancement one or more clinical-stage programs. The successful candidate will be an experienced and self-motivated Program Manager responsible for the management of development timelines and deliverables with a clear understanding of functional interdependencies and critical path activities. The ideal candidate would be a highly adaptable and proactive problem-solver who is highly knowledgeable of the processes involved in clinical studies.
- Collaborating with the functional leads (CMC, Regulatory, Quality, and Clinical), develop cross-functional plans including realistic but aggressive timelines, budgets and resources planning, risk assessment, and contingency planning.
- Tracking progress on the Programs against approved timelines, budgets, and resource allocations.
- Communicating Program status and issues to ensure milestones and deliverables are met.
- Managing Program team operations (planning agendas, scheduling meetings, preparing minutes, and following-up with team members on critical action items) to advance the Program.
- Identifying and highlighting risks and issues within the Program(s) and escalating appropriately. Identifying, developing, and implementing effective mitigation and escalation strategies to address risks and issues.
- Maintain Team Framework (including templates and shared folder structure)
- Supporting management of vendors, CROs, CMOs and consultants.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Advanced degree in a scientific discipline with 5+ years of supporting clinical-stage programs in a pharmaceutical / biotechnology company.
- Demonstrates technical expertise in and understanding of cross-function clinical trials processes from study start-up through study closure (e.g., data management, safety, biostatistics, medical writing).
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in work with proven ability to work independently, with a high level of integrity on multiple tasks Strong work ethic, willing to put in the time and effort to complete critical tasks on time with quality.
- Excellent sense of urgency to deliver at/surpass study conduct targets.
- Understanding of the cost drivers and accountable for the development, management, and reconciliation of overall Program budget(s).
- Ability to support multiple project teams simultaneously, be well organized and have strong time management skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to accommodate shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- Ability to work under limited supervision, determine personal work plan, schedule tasks and activities accordingly.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources and to be persuasive, encouraging and motivating.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, venders and CROs.
- Excellent knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office Software (Excel, Word, Power Point, and especially Microsoft Project).
- Superior understanding of financial planning and managing clinical program budgets.
- Experience at/or oversight of clinical research vendors (CROs, central imaging vendors, IXRS, etc.).
- Experience in Rare Disease therapeutic areas (highly desired, but not required).
Scientist I/II, Translational Biology (In Vivo)
We are seeking an experienced in vivo pharmacology scientist to support preclinical stage programs through the management, design, planning, and execution of in vivo studies.
- Design, execute and interpret preclinical in vivo studies in support of multiple programs.
- Manage pharmacology research studies at CROs or external collaborators.
- Lead in vivo model development and characterization of multiple programs.
- Work closely with internal teams to conduct in vivo studies, coordinating tasks across multiple projects, demonstrating prioritization and planning.
- Maintain vivarium operations and IACUC related Animal Care and Use Protocols (ACUPs), including creating and revising protocols and amendments.
- Maintain and initiate new mouse colony lines (KO, Transgenic) at CROs.
- Ph.D. degree required in a scientific discipline or requires a MA/MS with appropriate work experience with more than 5 years of work experience in a research and/or development environment.
- Extensive murine experience in hands-on administration of drug therapeutics via various routes, including IV, PO, IP. CNS and Lung delivery routes are a plus.
- Hands-on familiarity with ELISA, enzymatic activity assays, PCR, Western Blot.
- Experience in managing external research (Academic, CRO).
- Experience in providing management, mentoring and training to associates with respect to in vivo and ex vivo pharmacology workstreams.
- Familiarity with liver and lung disease murine models.
- Proficiency in the use and development of new mouse models.
- Prior experience with nucleic acid therapy and lipid nanoparticle delivery is a plus.
- Knowledge in the therapeutic targeting of the tumor microenvironment is a plus.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small biotech environment.
- Excellent organization skills with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Notice to Search Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters)
The Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for Arcturus Therapeutics. To protect the interest of all parties involved, we will only accept resumes from a recruiter if an executed search agreement is in place at the start of the recruitment effort. Unsolicited resumes sent to Arcturus Therapeutics from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Arcturus Therapeutics and do not obligate Arcturus Therapeutics to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. Recruiters are requested not to contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.