Founded in 2013 and based in San Diego, Arcturus Therapeutics Ltd. (NASDAQ:ARCT) is an RNA medicines company with enabling technologies – UNA Oligomer chemistry and LUNAR® lipid-mediated delivery. Arcturus’ diverse pipeline of RNA therapeutics includes programs pursuing rare diseases, Hepatitis B, non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH), cystic fibrosis, and vaccines. Arcturus’ versatile RNA therapeutics platforms can be applied toward multiple types of RNA medicines including small interfering RNA, messenger RNA, replicon RNA, antisense RNA, microRNA and gene editing therapeutics. Arcturus owns LUNAR® lipid-mediated delivery and Unlocked Nucleomonomer Agent (UNA) technology including UNA Oligomers, which are covered by its extensive patent portfolio (140 patents and patent applications, issued in the U.S., Europe, Japan, China and other countries). Arcturus’ proprietary UNA technology can be used to target individual genes in the human genome, as well as viral genes, and other species for therapeutic purposes. Arcturus’ commitment to the development of novel RNA therapeutics has led to partnerships with Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical, Inc., Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Synthetic Genomics Inc., CureVac AG and Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Therapeutics Inc. For more information, visit www.Arcturusrx.com, the content of which is not incorporated herein by reference.
Arcturus Therapeutics, Inc. is presently recruiting outstanding candidates with experience in the field of RNA technologies and nanoparticle sciences. Our corporate culture is dynamic, diverse, and creative. We value collaboration and teamwork. We seek individuals to join us with a genuine passion for the science behind helping to cure disease and improve the lives of patients. Please email your resume to Careers@ArcturusRx.com.
Research Associate I, Drug Discovery
We are seeking a highly motivated, organized Research Associate I to join our Drug Discovery team. The successful candidate will bring a background in cell biology and experience in standard biochemical, cell and molecular biology techniques. In this key role, you will work within a matrix, across a portfolio of programs, generating quality data.
- Design and execute in vitro experiments;
- Perform assay troubleshooting and methods development;
- Generate proof-of-concept data for new early stage programs;
- Keep accurate inventory of supplies for laboratory operations, including cell line banking;
- Contribute to publications and present results at internal meetings.
- Bachelors degree and minimum 2 years of relevant lab experience;
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with in vitro biochemical and cell-based assays (e.g. cell culture, transfections, Western blots/WES, In-cell Westerns, qPCR, ELISA, etc.);
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize work and manage multiple projects concurrently;
- Ability to plan and execute experiments accurately, on time, and with minimal supervision;
- Excellent organization, time-management, record-keeping, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to perform standard lab calculations;
- Proficiency in Microsoft® Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Research Associate (In Vivo)
We are seeking a Research Associate to join our Translational Biology team. The successful candidate will bring hands-on experience performing in vivo experiments and with various animal handling techniques such as pharmaceutical agent dose administration and blood/tissue collection. We seek candidates who are diligent and meticulous, who display initiative and will be able to contribute intellectually to our science.
In this role, you will support active research and day-to-day operations including:
- Perform pharmaceutical efficacy and tolerability studies in rodents following SOPs and in vivo protocols;
- Provide technical assistance in the lab such as harvest blood/tissue samples, weigh organs and record data as needed;
- Administer formulated drugs via multiple dosing routes;
- Perform daily animal health checks;
- Handle routine animal husbandry on a daily basis;
- Organize, analyze and graph data using appropriate software.
- Adhere to Laboratory and IACUC protocols at all times.
- Associate/Bachelor degree in a relevant science field preferred but not required;
- Minimum 1-3 years of small animal handling (rodent) experience;
- Ability to plan, perform experiments and analyze data;
- Exceptional level of organization required;
- Familiarity with data analysis software such as Excel or Graphpad Prism;
- Experience or willingness to learn ex vivo biochemical techniques (e.g., ELISA, enzymatic assays);
- Ability to multi-task effectively and work in a team-oriented, dynamic and changing environment.
Scientist I, Formulation/Process Development
We are currently hiring a Scientist I to join our Formulation/Process Development team. In this role, you will focus on the design, development, scale-up, manufacturing, and characterization of nucleic acid formulations to support an emerging research pipeline focused on treating rare diseases.
- Design and develop nucleic-based formulations including complex nanoparticle formulations.
- Process development, scale-up and technology transfer of multiple formulations, including supporting activities at CMO(s).
- Perform formulation stability studies including but not limited to pilot stability studies with proposed drug product configuration, contact material compatibility and stability study, in-use compatibility study, accelerated stability studies, etc..
- Prepare and characterize dose formulations for various in vitro and in vivo
- Perform process-related investigations, identify root causes of process/manufacturing discrepancies, evaluate systems for trends and adverse findings, and implement appropriate steps to ensure process robustness.
- Maintain proper documentation of all experimental procedures and results, including batch records, protocols, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other manufacturing related documentation.
- Prepare technical reports and presentations which summarize procedures, study results, and data interpretation as needed.
- Deliver high quality results in an accurate and a time sensitive manner.
- Perform other activities per supervisor’s direction.
- PhD (with 0-3 years of industrial experience) in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering or other related field of science.
- Experience with nucleic acid based formulations, complex/nanoparticle formulations, nucleic acid based formulation and working knowledge of tangential flow filtration (TFF – UF/DF).
- Hands on expertise working with liquid, frozen, and/or lyophilized dosage forms.
- Preferred qualifications include familiarity with stages of drug product development and cGMP concept, knowledge of analytical methods for testing lipid nanoparticles and understanding of the in vitro and in vivo experiments used for screening of nanoparticle formulation.
- Must be highly motivated, well organized, an independent thinker with strong problem-solving skills, and pay great attention to details.
- Comfortable working in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment and have a strong ability to cope with change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, great team player.
Research Associate, RNA Molecular Biology
Arcturus Therapeutics is seeking highly-motivated, innovative, and well-organized Research Associate to join our Frontier Science team. The successful candidate will be expected to conduct hands-on experiments with a wide variety of molecular biology and biochemistry techniques.
- Coordinate with team to define experiments, plan to achieve objectives and execute work following.
- Synthesize mRNA using in vitro transcription (IVT) system.
Perform molecular biology techniques including PCR, cloning, and sequence analysis.
- Conduct diverse biochemical assays including reporter assays and qPCR.
- Grow and maintain mammalian and bacterial cell cultures. Transfection into mammalian cells.
- Provide data analysis and interpretation.
- Clear communication and presentation of scientific results in group-settings.
- Order/Maintain reagents and lab supply.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor/Masters degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related field.
- 3-5 years relevant laboratory experience in academic or industrial setting.
- Experience with standard cloning techniques, vector design, sequence analysis, DNA and RNA extraction, cDNA synthesis, ligation, restriction digestion, PCR.
- Experience in mammalian cell culture and transfection techniques.
- Experience in basic Protein characterization skills (SDS-PAGE, Western blot, BCA, ELISA).
- Experience in with qPCR using TaqMan.
- Familiar with RNA synthesis using in vitro transcription (IVT) system.
- Handling animal tissue and blood samples.
- Transfection of siRNA into mammalian cells.
- Bioinformatics including genomics, transcriptomics, microarray analysis, and NGS is a plus.
Scientific Intern (Part-Time)
We are currently hiring a Scientific Intern to assist our Formulation/ Process Development Group. The role offers flexible hours, a collaborative learning environment and a great entry-level opportunity to work within the biotech industry. In this role, you will assist in the discovery, development, and analytical characterization of formulated RNAs to support an emerging research pipeline focused on treating rare diseases.
- Assist formulation chemists by performing various investigative procedures and operating a variety of instruments and scientific equipment.
- Preparation of components, media, buffers, and other solutions as needed.
- Preparation of material components for production of research and process development batches.
- Accurate documentation of data and completion of batch records on a daily basis.
- Collection and disposal of lab wastes according to established procedures.
- Routine maintenance of production and processing equipment.
- Assist in the inventorying and ordering of reagents and other laboratory supplies.
- Participation in laboratory meetings and planning sessions.
- Reading of literature applicable to research areas as required.
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment.
- Currently enrolled student studying Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related area of science.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, within prescribed guidelines, and as a team member.
- Ability to keep accurate records of work performed.
- Demonstrated ability to follow detailed directions in a research laboratory environment.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office applications.
- This position is a temporary, part-time role (15-20 hours/week) offering a competitive hourly rate of pay.
In this role, you will be a key member of the team with primary objectives around ensuring GMP compliance. The role will enforce company policies in the Quality Department including product batch record review, product release, GMP documentation, audits, training, validation and compliance. The role will report on the Quality management system and identify areas for improvement.
- Plan and direct the implementation and maintenance of the Quality systems.
- Manage processes centered around Quality Documentation, Lot Release, Training, Validation and GMP Compliance functions.
- Manage and perform Quality audits and follow up.
- Manage the external audit and supplier qualification program.
- Manage the internal audit program.
- Direct and manage the review of product release/rejection.
- Lead CAPA Management.
- Develop, maintain and implement the quality systems to ensure product reliability, quality, efficacy, compliance to applicable SOPs, GxP regulations.
- Independent review and approval of deviation and investigation documentation. This includes thorough evaluation of the root cause and the ability to effectively communicate the evaluation to individuals in the science and manufacturing departments.
- Communicate directly with partners, vendors and CMOs relating to quality matters.
- Effectively work with other departments to streamline and improve systems.
- Stay abreast of regulatory updates and guidance to ensure compliant processes and procedures.
- Bachelor degree in a related field (Masters preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years Quality experience in the pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology industry and 3 years in Quality/Compliance with auditing responsibilities.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory GMP requirements.
- Strong knowledge of regulations and standards including but not limited to FDA regulations for clinical products, EMA, and ICH.
- Requires the ability to apply scientific knowledge and understanding of the industry regulations to applicable internal/external issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven abilities in leadership and personnel management.
- Ability to multi-task and help to prioritize the activities of the department appropriately.
- Strong process improvement skills in cross functional teams.
- Excellent accountability, high attention to detail, and strong organizational skills.