Founded in 2013 and based in San Diego, Arcturus Therapeutics Ltd. (NASDAQ:ARCT) is an RNA medicines company with enabling technologies – UNA Oligomer chemistry and LUNAR® lipid-mediated delivery. Arcturus’ diverse pipeline of RNA therapeutics includes programs pursuing rare diseases, Hepatitis B, non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH), cystic fibrosis, and vaccines. Arcturus’ versatile RNA therapeutics platforms can be applied toward multiple types of RNA medicines including small interfering RNA, messenger RNA, replicon RNA, antisense RNA, microRNA and gene editing therapeutics. Arcturus owns LUNAR® lipid-mediated delivery and Unlocked Nucleomonomer Agent (UNA) technology including UNA Oligomers, which are covered by its extensive patent portfolio (140 patents and patent applications, issued in the U.S., Europe, Japan, China and other countries). Arcturus’ proprietary UNA technology can be used to target individual genes in the human genome, as well as viral genes, and other species for therapeutic purposes. Arcturus’ commitment to the development of novel RNA therapeutics has led to partnerships with Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical, Inc., Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Synthetic Genomics Inc., CureVac AG and Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Therapeutics Inc. For more information, visit www.Arcturusrx.com, the content of which is not incorporated herein by reference.
Arcturus Therapeutics, Inc. is presently recruiting outstanding candidates with experience in the field of RNA technologies and nanoparticle sciences. Our corporate culture is dynamic, diverse, and creative. We value collaboration and teamwork. We seek individuals to join us with a genuine passion for the science behind helping to cure disease and improve the lives of patients. Please email your resume to Careers@ArcturusRx.com.
Research Associate I
We are seeking a Research Associate I to join our RNA Sciences team. In this role, you will be responsible for leading and carrying out required lab activities for RNA targets and assist with the cloning and production of plasmid constructs.
- Develop and execute biochemical assays;
- Produce and purify RNA to support process development for clinical RNA manufacture;
- Prepare detailed standard operating procedures for technology transfer;
- Support project leads, key internal and external stakeholders, and Arcturus’ research leadership to advance development projects as needed; and,
- Other projects and responsibilities as assigned.
- BS and 1 year experience working in nucleic acid molecular biology (preferably within a pharmaceutical or biotechnology company);
- Experience working with RNA, in vitro transcription/translation;
- Demonstrated ability in data analysis with statistical methods;
- Experience with traditional and modern molecular biology techniques, such as plasmid isolation and RNA purification, molecular cloning (restriction enzyme-based & seamless), PCR, qPCR, RT-qPCR, Western, and ELISA is a plus;
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving and organization;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Intern, Analytical Development (Part-Time)
The Analytical Intern will assist in routine analysis and characterization of drug substances, intermediates and formulated drug products. The role offers flexible hours, a collaborative learning environment and a great entry-level opportunity to work within the biotech industry.
- Perform routine testing of RNA drug substance and product samples using a variety of physicochemical and biochemical analytical techniques such as UV-Vis spectroscopy, fluorometric assays, gel-based assays, qPCR;
- Perform capillary electrophoretic analysis of drug substance and product samples;
- Accurate documentation of data on a daily basis;
- Routine maintenance of equipment;
- Assist in the inventorying and ordering of reagents and other laboratory supplies;
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment.
- Currently enrolled student in the area of Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Pharmaceutical, Life Science or related field in science.
- Familiarity with one or more chemical and biochemical techniques such as gel electrophoresis, capillary electrophoresis (Agilent Bioanalyzer 2100, Advanced Analytics Fragment Analyzer), qPCR, HPLC is desired
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to learn complex task with general instructions and training.
- Demonstrated ability to follow detailed directions in a research laboratory environment.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office applications.
This position is a temporary part-time role (15-20 hours/week).