Founded in 2013 and based in San Diego, Arcturus Therapeutics Ltd. is a publicly traded (NASDAQ: ARCT) RNA medicines company with enabling technologies – UNA Oligomer chemistry and LUNAR™ lipid-mediated delivery. Arcturus’s versatile RNA therapeutics platforms can be applied toward multiple types of RNA medicines including small interfering RNA, messenger RNA, replicon RNA, antisense RNA, microRNA and gene editing therapeutics. Arcturus owns LUNAR lipid-mediated delivery and Unlocked Nucleomonomer Agent (UNA) technology including UNA Oligomers, which are covered by its extensive patent portfolio (120 patents and patent applications, issued in the U.S., Europe, Japan, China and other countries). Arcturus’s proprietary UNA technology can be used to target individual genes in the human genome, as well as viral genes, and other species for therapeutic purposes. Arcturus’s commitment to the development of novel RNA therapeutics has led to partnerships with Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical, Inc., Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Synthetic Genomics Inc., and Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Therapeutics Inc.
Arcturus Therapeutics, Inc. is presently recruiting outstanding candidates with experience in the field of RNAi technologies and nanoparticle sciences. Only exceptional applicants need apply. Compensation and equity position is commensurate. Please email your resume to Careers@ArcturusRx.com.
Senior Scientist, Protein Engineering
Arcturus is seeking a (Senior) Scientist of Protein Engineering who will be responsible for leading protein design/engineering projects. This is a highly integrated role and the successful candidate will be responsible for design and conduction of protein engineering experiments with the goal of creating new molecular functions for proteins of interest. Extensive experience with phage display, mRNA display or similar molecular evolution-based approaches is essential to support drug development programs in the disease areas. S/he will lead high functioning internal project teams, to generate quality data enabling good decision making.
- Implementation of directed evolution to evolve new molecular functions for proteins of interest using error prone PCR, DNA shuffling, and directed engineering approaches
- Generations of designs and random protein libraries
- Development high-throughput in vitro assays to characterize engineered proteins
- Preparation of reports and present data
- Support business development efforts and IP development
- PhD in molecular biology, protein engineering, biochemistry, or related field with 2-5 years post graduate experience in either or both academic and industrial setting
- Demonstrated success with multiple directed evolution platforms such as phage display, yeast display, and/or mRNA display technologies is a must
- Strong experience with structure-based protein design
- Expertise in protein expression and purification techniques is a plus
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving and program management
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Ability to provide expert guidance in designing and implementing project plans
- Highly self-motivated, proactive, and collaborative
Scientist I, Process Development
Arcturus is seeking a Development Scientist I to work in the RNA production and process development team. A successful candidate in this role will be responsible for developing and transferring purification processes for RNA targets. S/he will be responsible for optimizing and automating internal mRNA production and purification processes. S/he will be responsible for supporting tech transfer, manufacture and regulatory filings of drug substance. S/he will work with a team of highly motivated scientists in the RNA production and analytical sciences group. S/he will support project leads, key internal and external stakeholders, and Arcturus’ research leadership to advance development projects.
- Ph.D. with 0 to 5 years, MS with 10+ years in process development or process engineering in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry
- Degree in pharmaceutical sciences, biochemistry, biological sciences, chemistry, chemical engineering, or other relevant discipline
- An understanding of purification process development of drug substance, preferably with biologic drug substances
- Experience with: TFF, a wide range of chromatography systems including AKTA instruments, filtration development, and tech transfer of processes is a plus
- Experience working with mRNA products and HPLC s is a plus
- Experience with automation and automated liquid handling is a plus
- Experience using DOE software to design experiments and analyze results
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving
- Knowledge of relevant cGMP and quality guidelines is a plus
- Ability to effectively represent Arcturus with external partners and present to staff at all levels
- Experience in providing scientific/technical due diligence support for business development activities
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written