Founded in 2013 and based in San Diego, Arcturus Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:ARCT) is an RNA medicines company with enabling technologies – UNA Oligomer chemistry and LUNAR® lipid-mediated delivery. Arcturus’ diverse pipeline of RNA therapeutics includes programs pursuing rare diseases, Hepatitis B, non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH), cystic fibrosis, and vaccines. Arcturus’ versatile RNA therapeutics platforms can be applied toward multiple types of RNA medicines including small interfering RNA, messenger RNA, replicon RNA, antisense RNA, microRNA and gene editing therapeutics. Arcturus owns LUNAR® lipid-mediated delivery and Unlocked Nucleomonomer Agent (UNA) technology including UNA Oligomers, which are covered by its extensive patent portfolio (140 patents and patent applications, issued in the U.S., Europe, Japan, China and other countries). Arcturus’ proprietary UNA technology can be used to target individual genes in the human genome, as well as viral genes, and other species for therapeutic purposes. Arcturus’ commitment to the development of novel RNA therapeutics has led to partnerships with Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical, Inc., Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Synthetic Genomics Inc. and the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. For more information, visit www.Arcturusrx.com, the content of which is not incorporated herein by reference.
Arcturus Therapeutics, Inc. is presently recruiting outstanding candidates with experience in the field of RNA technologies and nanoparticle sciences. Our corporate culture is dynamic, diverse, and creative. We value collaboration and teamwork. We seek individuals to join us with a genuine passion for the science behind helping to cure disease and improve the lives of patients. Please email your resume to Careers@ArcturusRx.com.
Senior Scientist, Translational Biology (Immunology)
Arcturus Therapeutics is seeking an innovative and highly motivated Immunologist to join our Translational Biology team. Our successful candidate will help build a new class of immune-therapy products based on Arcturus’s proprietary Lipid Nano Particle (LNP) nucleic acid delivery platform and must have strong expertise in immunology and effector cell biology.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading oncology and immunotherapy projects and identify and interrogate immunomodulatory target pathways using cutting-edge technologies and novel approaches to enrich our company pipeline. You will be responsible for supporting existing immunology-based programs including cancer vaccines and immunotherapy targeted projects.
Our successful candidate will thrive in a proactive, fast-paced ‘can-do’ culture and enjoy collaborating across the full range of development activities and project teams for the ground-breaking, mRNA-based new drug candidates targeting rare disease. Our candidate should have extensive laboratory research experience and a desire to continue in a laboratory-focused role with a high level of experimental vigor and quality. Prior experience with rodent tumor immunotherapy models, nucleic acid vaccine development, cancer immunology and immunotherapy is strongly preferred.
- PhD with 10+ years’ experience with an emphasis on target ID and validation in cancer cell biology and immunology
- Expertise in current technology practices in cancer biology and immunology is required.
- Experience with in vivo rodent cancer and immunotherapy models with demonstrated proficiency in immunological assays to assess effector cell function is required.
- Experience in cancer target and immunotherapy drug discovery and development is preferred.
- Develop and conduct immunological and cellular bioassays to support development of clinical candidates.
- Demonstrated experience in T-cell biology, innate immunity, and a deep understanding of the host immune response against cancer.
- In-depth knowledge of setting up T-cell activation assays, manipulating dendritic cells and B-cells to present antigens using ex vivo derived immune cells or tumor-infiltrated lymphocytes.
- Ability to independently design experiments, make detailed observations, analyze data, interpret results and deliver timely results is required.
- Excellent presentation and oral and written communication skills is required.
- Proven ability to prepare precise technical summaries and protocols and maintenance of appropriate documentation is required.
- Previous experience is drug discovery is preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced and diverse environment is required.
- Strong sense of urgency, initiative, ethics/integrity and innovation is required.
Public Relations & Marketing Associate
We’re looking for a PR & Marketing Associate to join our growing team. This is an excellent entry-level opportunity! In this role, you will create PR/Marketing collateral, assist with website design, graphics, and plan publicity strategies and campaigns. You will be responsible for research, asset creation and organization to support corporate investor relations activities.
This is a full-time on-site and temporary position with potential to hire.
- Create PR & Marketing collateral including brochures, pamphlets, newsletters, and drafts.
- Plan publicity strategies and campaigns.
- Assist with sponsorship evaluations, asset tracking, and logistics.
- Analyze media coverage. Edit video clips/TV promotions.
- Research articles/media on mRNA/RNA and extract information from multiple data sources.
- Assist with corporate website maintenance/design, using appropriate specs/size creations for modifications.
- Assist with slide deck design and updates. Coordinate materials for presentations and media outreach.
- Manage daily administrative tasks for the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, science or other related fields.
- Exceptional presentation and written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage workload with minimal supervision.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office: Excel and Powerpoint needed.
Research Associate, Drug Discovery
We are seeking a highly-motivated, organized Research Associate to join our Drug Discovery team. The successful candidate will bring a background in cell biology and experience in standard biochemical, cell and molecular biology techniques. In this role, you will play a key role, working within a matrix, across a portfolio of programs, generating quality data.
- Design and execute in vitro experiments.
- Perform assay troubleshooting and methods development.
- Generate proof-of-concept data for new early stage programs.
- Keep accurate inventory of supplies for laboratory operations, including cell line banking.
- Contribute to publications and present results at internal meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 2 years of relevant lab experience.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with in vitro biochemical and cell-based assays (e.g. cell culture, transfections, Western blots/WES, In-cell Westerns, qPCR, ELISA, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize work and manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to plan and execute experiments accurately, on time, and with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organization, time management, record-keeping, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to perform standard lab calculations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft® Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Financial Analyst, R&D
Arcturus is looking for a Financial Analyst to join our growing team. In this highly-visible role, you will collaborate with team members across the organization to provide both operational and strategic financial recommendations to drive the business. You will be responsible for our budgeting and forecasting process/systems for both internal R&D programs and external partnerships. You will monitor performance indicators, highlight trends, analyze causes of unexpected variances and help drive our internal financial planning processes.
- Preparation and coordination of program costs and bill of materials, forecast updates and long-range financial planning and budgeting.
- Support and manage budget and planning system including models/forecasts to identify operational drivers and cash flow throughout various phases of programs.
- Develop, prepare and report key business performance metrics.
- Maintain and update documentation of systems processes and internal controls. Insure the proper implementation of controls in the areas of responsibility.
- Drive continuous improvement to streamline processes and improve flow of information to the leadership team.
- Develop and prepare reports including monthly financial reports and supporting schedules on a timely basis.
- Prepare monthly / quarterly financial deliverables as needed.
- Assist accounting operations team during month-end close with related spend/accruals.
- Communicate effectively to management and outside parties, such as auditors.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- BA/BS degree in accounting or finance and 5+ yrs. experience working in finance and accounting.
- GAAP experience needed.
- Experience working with the biotech/pharmaceutical industry highly preferred
- Strong Excel skills required. Experience with Sage Intacct accounting software is a plus.
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems independently and with sound judgment.
- Ability to multitask and adjust to changing priorities to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills. Prior experience reporting to senior management helpful.
- Solid organizational skills, including the ability to manage time and coordinate multiple priorities.
Senior Manager, Analytical Development and QC
The Senior Manager, Analytical Development and QC will play a critical role in providing leadership, guidance and direction to our experienced AD/QC group. In this role, you will lead development and utilization of analytical methods for characterization of RNA based drug substance/drug product candidates from an emerging research pipeline.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement new analytical technologies and instrumentation for characterization of RNA based drug substance and drug products.
- Oversee routine testing of the analytical samples from RNA and formulation development groups on day to day basis from an early to late stage development.
- Perform review of the AD/QC group operations to establish, implement, improve and develop work instructions and training programs as needed.
- Closely work with the broad team of RNA, chemistry and formulation scientists to design and execute specific laboratory studies/experiments to guide process development and process optimization efforts.
- Design and manage excipient, drug substance and drug product stability studies in support of research pipeline.
- Manage transfer of analytical methods for development stage candidates for analysis of excipients, drug substance, and drug product formulations to CMOs.
- Present the challenges, experimental approaches, and results of analytical method development at internal meetings.
- Author /Review analytical methods and technical reports.
- Author and review relevant CMC sections for US and ex-US regulatory filings.
- Ph.D. or Master’s degree in Chemistry, Analytical chemistry or related discipline with 7-10+ years’ experience in an analytical laboratory.
- Solid background and experience in analytical method development.
- Strong experience in various chromatographic and spectroscopic techniques such as HPLC, LC-MS, UV-Vis, as well as other specialty instrumentation including but not limited to particle sizers, ELSD, CAD etc.
- Knowledge of biochemistry based analytical techniques such as qPCR and various gel-based assays (e.g. Western blot) is a plus.
- Experience in the field of RNA based drug substance and drug products including complex lipid nanoparticle formulations is a plus.
- Experience with aspects of method development relevant to manufacturing applications such as GMP/GLP, method qualification and robustness testing, process analytical technologies, method transfer best practices, quality systems, documentation.
- Proven ability to identify and resolve technical problems by application of scientific principles and established analytical techniques in the field to meet strict reporting deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in management of a laboratory operation including supervisory experience.
- Excellent communication of technical and operational activities verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a cross-functional team.
Research Associate, Translational Biology (In Vivo)
We are seeking a Research Associate to join our Translational Biology team. The successful candidate will bring hands-on experience performing in vivo experiments and with various animal handling techniques such as pharmaceutical agent dose administration (IV, PO, IP, IM) and blood/tissue collection. We seek candidates who are team oriented, diligent and meticulous, who display initiative and will be able to contribute intellectually to our science.
In this role, you will support active research and day-to-day operations including:
- Perform pharmaceutical efficacy and tolerability studies in rodents following SOPs and in vivo protocols.
- Provide technical assistance in the lab such as harvest blood/tissue samples, weigh organs and record data as needed.
- Administer formulated drugs via multiple dosing routes (IV, PO, IP, IM).
- Perform daily animal health checks.
- Handle routine animal husbandry on a daily basis.
- Organize, analyze and graph data using appropriate software.
- Adhere to Laboratory and IACUC protocols at all times.
- Associate/Bachelor degree in a relevant science field preferred but not required;
- Minimum 1-3 years of small animal handling (rodent) experience;
- Ability to plan, perform experiments and analyze data;
- Exceptional level of organization required;
- Familiarity with data analysis software such as Powerpoint, Excel or Graphpad Prism;
- Experience or willingness to learn ex vivo biochemical techniques (e.g., ELISA, enzymatic assays);
- Ability to multi-task effectively and work in a team-oriented, dynamic and changing environment.
Research Associate, RNA
Arcturus is seeking a Research Associate to join our RNA team. This individual will work with a team of highly-motivated scientists to advance development projects within RNA production, RNA process development, RNA formulations, and analytical sciences.
The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out required lab activities for RNA targets including cloning and production of plasmid constructs, developing and executing biochemical assays, producing and purifying RNA, and supporting process development for clinical RNA manufacture. In addition, the Research Associate will prepare detailed standard operating procedures for technology transfer.
- 1 to 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- MS/BS degree in biochemistry, biological sciences, pharmaceutical sciences, chemistry, chemical engineering, molecular biology, or other relevant disciplines.
- Experience with traditional and modern molecular biology techniques, such as plasmid isolation and molecular cloning (restriction enzyme-based & seamless), PCR, Western, and ELISA needed.
- Experience with purification and purification scale-up of RNA, DNA or proteins.
- Experience with chromatography systems including AKTA instruments is a plus.
- Experience with TFF instrumentation and development is a plus.
- Experience working with RNA, in vitro transcription/translation is a plus.
- Experience with automation and automated liquid handling is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability in data analysis with statistical methods needed.
- Must be detail oriented with demonstrated ability in problem solving and organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.